Sunday, April 17, 2011

Goblins!

I realised yesterday at Salute that I still have a huge soft spot for all things Orcy. I watched a game of Dwarves against Undead and really enjoyed looking at the figures. Also my friend showed me the fantastic Hasslefree Miniatures web site the other day, the figures are truly breath taking. Kind of Fantasy figures for the serious collector type, very nicely done and amazing pieces of sculpture.
Although I still have hordes of Fantasy Armies in the loft, I think I will stick to Historical and keep well away from the temptation of the Ring...well you know what I mean.
While camping last summer, my friends and I ran into a Goblin raiding party. Luckily for us they were the smaller forest variety and were quickly dealt with. Although I have to say they were very nimble on their feet and their arrows seemed to be impossible to avoid.


Once their leader 'Ball Bag' was dealt with the whole motley lot of them just faded away into the forest again, leaving me with a nasty blackthorn arrow to contend with.



Although thinking about it, we came off lucky as I have heard that Hill Trolls have started to come down into our wood in search of food. I have heard them at night and seen their fires but have stayed well clear of their paths cut through the forest.


Forest Goblins are one thing...Hill Trolls...they're something else.

5 comments:

Steve said...

Come to the Dark Side my precious, you know you want to...

Anonymous said...

Love Goblins an I love your illustration,

Just painting some Goblins for Don of "The Goblin Factory" in the USA. These are all new miniatures.

Some lovely miniatures designed by Michael Broadbent.

Thanks for your fantastic art work.

Helen

Scutatus said...

I prefer the dwarves myself - they are straight out of a certain fantasy epic, the books, not the films - but I'm glad you appreciate their work. Fantastic people, fantastic sculpts. :)

Another great picture! :)

Scutatus said...

Heh :) The Old Forest still dangerous then?

That place is not to be travelled lightly. If you will go off the beaten path...

เฮงเฮงรวยรวย said...

สล็อต 777

ด้วยกฎกติกา รูปแบบการเล่นเกมสล็อตออนไลน์นั้นเล่นง่าย สามารถเล่นได้ทุกเพศ ทุกวัย เหมาะสำหรับผู้ใช้ทั้งรายเก่าและรายใหม่ สามารถพกพาความสนุกติดตามไปได้ทุกที่ ไม่ว่าจะอยู่ที่ไหน