Sunday, December 14, 2014

Grunts

 Metal magic Orcs from eBay proved to be one of the best buys of my collecting career, they were cheap but very nice models.
 
 More Orcs from my childhood given a freshen up and whipping back into service.
 
 Plastic Wargames factory Orcs also found their way onto the bases. I had looked at these with a little distain at first but they proved to be really good once made up. They are also very handy when It comes to spare weapons and shields. After the success of these I tried the plastic Mantic Orcs, but they proved less effective. These Wargames Factory figures would also make great half orcs too, something I have in mind for the future.
The guy at the front is my first Orc I ever bought way back in 1984. I called him Kracken and I thought he looked a natural leader. He is in fact listed as a bodyguard in the old Citadel catalogues.

4 comments:

Grigork said...

Great looking stuff. I still have my old orcs loved them to bits.

Anonymous said...

I recognize some of these orcs, this is such as awesome blog! Bookmarked!

Unknown said...

Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that I'm interested in, but I'm most definately interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.
y8gold , https://sites.google.com , frivallgames

Phil Curran said...

A bit of a lazy Sunday meander through the blogs and this post has really cheered me up. I don't suppose that you have an old Asgard FG5 in the archives that you want to part with
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=asgard+fg5&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjmybnpyufcAhWHDuwKHSNXAY4Q_AUICigB&biw=960&bih=471#imgrc=DkoM9jyHVUZqfM: