Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Games day

 My re-enactment group organised a wargames day this weekend. I was like a boy in a candy shop, It was great for me to see other peoples work and look at new figures and try new games. These pictures are taken from a game of Muskets and Tomahawks. I really enjoyed the game partly because it gave me a chance to use all of the ACW scenery I made last year. The rail fences and corn fields really helped to top off the look of the game.
 Another great thing about the day was seeing these gaming mats, I had read a lot about them but It was good to actually see them close up, very effective I thought. They really help to work out soft cover and hills can be added by putting objects underneath the cloth. As soon as I get a little more money in the bank I will be tempted to get one. The one below is from a ACW scenario by Cigar Box Miniatures.
 A lovely era to wargame with loads of great scenery to use in setting the atmosphere. If I didn't have a to do list as long as my arm I might be tempted to collect some units. Must stay strong now and look away.
Another game I got to play was regimental Fire and Fury, I have been itching to play this game for two years now so arranged a game. It played differently from how I had imagined and we used 10mm figures. These seemed tiny to my big 28mm eyes but i could see the attraction , the units actually looked like real regiments with the dense formation of numbers. I have to admit I released quite early on that i had maybe chosen the wrong scale to game it in when I started to look at the immense army lists.

2 comments:

tradgardmastare said...

I'm never sure about mats but the one in your picture works so well with 3D terrain too.

Unknown said...

RR
ไม่ว่าจะอัตราการจ่ายเงิน ความง่ายในการเล่น โบนัสฟรีสปินมาไวมาก รวมไปถึงรางวัลแจ็คพอตที่่จายอย่างไม่อั้น
สำหรับใครที่อยากรวยทางลัด ด้วยการลงทุนไม่กี่บาท ไม่ต้องรอนาน สามารถเห็นตัวเงิน และถอนได้เลยล่ะก็ หากคุณอ่านบทความนี้แล้ว
คุณจะไม่ผิดหวังเลยล่ะค่ะ เพราะฉะนั้นแล้ว มาดูกันเถอะว่าเกมสล็อตแตกง่าย ประจำเดือนกรกฎาคม ในปี 2021 นี้จะมีเกมอะไรบ้าง จะเป็นเกมที่คุณกำลังเล่นอยู่หรือป่าว มาดูกันเลย!
สล็อต1234
สล็อต1234